MOVING OUT OF THE APARTMENT has to happen AT THE LATEST on the last date of your rent agreement.
1. Clean your room/apartment carefully! If the room/apartment is found poorly cleaned during inspection, it will be cleaned and cleaning expenses will be charged from your deposit.
2. Shared apartment moving inspection is performed in two stages. The first inspection is made from the 15th of the last month of residence. If the first inspection reveals that the common areas are messy, a cleaning request of the common areas will be left for the apartment residents. Note that this prompt applies to everyone living in the shared apartment. The second inspection is carried out when a resident has moved out of the apartment, if it is found that the cleaning of the common areas does not meet the level required by Tankkari, the apartment will be cleaned and all residents living in the apartment will be charged. If no residents are present, the master key will be used. The private room will also be inspected, and cleaning charges will be withheld from the tenant’s deposit.
It is worth while to discuss with your flatmates and take turns cleaning the common areas.
The tenant is responsible for maintenance of the apartment and also liable for damages and any missing furniture.
Smoking is forbidden inside all Tankkari student houses. If discovered that the apartment requires fixing or oxidization due to harm done by smoking the costs of fixing will be charged from tenant’s deposit.
3. When moving out, please check that all basic furniture is in its place. Missing furniture is always charged from you according to the tenant’s chart of charges (found on Tankkari’s web page) if nothing else is agreed upon. Notice that if you have brought furniture in the room and leave it there, we will charge you 50€ for disposal of the furniture.
4. Return the room/apartment key to the office in an envelope with your name on it. If the key return is done after office hours, use the mail hatch on the office door to drop the key in an envelope in. You may also return the key to the white key return box found in your apartment building.
All apartment / room keys are always returned directly to Tankkari office or key return box.
If you have to return the key after the office hours, please contact Tankkari office for further information.
Keys that are missing or returned incorrectly will always be charged from the tenant.
5. Make an address change to Posti online at least three days before the move. More information online at posti.fi/changeaddress/
6. 30 € fine is charged if the tenant has failed to follow the ”moving out” instructions (e.g. failing to return the key in given time and we have call for it).
APARTMENT STORAGE SPACE Cleaning the storage space (50 €).
+ possible charges for waste management
Room / apartment has to be cleaned properly.
The refrigerator has to be defrosted and turned off, the door has to be left open to avoid mold development.
-> Pull the refrigerator plug out of the wall socket to turn off the machine. Remember to put something (e.g. oven plate and towels) under the fridge to collect the water caused by defrosting, otherwise the ice melts on the floor and may cause water damage that you are responsible of. Refrigerator shelves and boxes must be cleaned and wiped.
If you know for certain that the new tenant is moving in right after your move, there is no need to turn off the refrigerator.
Stove and oven must be carefully cleaned. Oven trays, storage space under the oven, the metal grid and the oven glass must also be cleaned.
-> Pull the stove out of its place and clean the back space and the floor (if possible). You may need to tilt the oven a bit in order to move it. This must be done whenever the oven is not fixed into the countertops (Tankkari 6 has some built-in stoves).
Toilet and shower must be cleaned with a brush and detergent. Do not leave stains and smells behind.
Balcony and backyard must be cleaned and cleared of any clutter and trash.
Windows must be cleaned if there are stains.
-> Wipe the windows down with moist cloth and detergent.
Vacuum and mop the floors.
Clean any stains off the walls with a damp cloth.
Wipe down doors and door frames with moist cloth and detergent.
Wipe down cupboards and pantry doors. Kitchen and room drawers, closets etc. must be wiped down with damp cloth.
Remember to clean the light switches, door handles and any other knobs that are handled often.
Purchasing all the cleaning equipment and detergents is the tenant’s responsibility
IN CASE YOU NEED FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, PLEASE CONTACT THE OFFICE!